Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Followly!
The following terms and conditions govern your access and use of Followly General Trading Co. website at www.followly.me (including any content, functionality and services offered).
We reserve the right to amend or update portions of these terms at any time. Should this happen, we will post the changes on this page and will indicate such edits through email notification or other means.
Followly is for the purpose of:
- Payment Processing Support: Accepting payments from buyers on the host's behalf, and is responsible for transmitting such payments to the main host account holder.
- Followly offers hosts a dashboard interface in which the host can edit items, write, upload images, view settlement reports, orders, and check item reviews.
- As a registered host, you will be able to sell your items on the website under the Followly's management.
- Marketing Platform for hosts: Another purpose of Followly is that we provide hosts/sellers with support with our marketing tools. When you choose to be registered and featured on our website, leave the rest to us!
- Agreeing that you will be in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations that may apply to any such workshop experience. Followly assumes no responsibility for any teacher/learner compliance with such laws, and reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or disable access to any profile for any reason, including profiles that Followly, in its sole discretion, considers to be objectionable for any reason, and in violation of these terms or otherwise harmful to the services. For this reason.
- Followly reserves the rights to also observe, inspect, and approve items prior to their upload on www.followly.me
You agree that Followly, in its sole discretion, may suspend or terminate your account (or any part thereof) or use of the service and remove and discard any content within the service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if Followly believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms of Service.
Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of service, may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Followly may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this Terms of Service may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that Followly may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the service. Further, you agree that Followly will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the website.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your interactions with any other user in connection with the service and Followly will have no liability or responsibility with respect thereto. Followly reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and any other user of the service.
QUESTIONS? CONCERNS? SUGGESTIONS?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report any violations of these Terms of Service or to pose any questions regarding this Terms of Service or Followly services.
Followly operates a platform and community marketplace that helps people form offline experiences and relationships directly with one another, where they can create, list, discover and book unique workshop experiences and activities in the region, whether through our website or our mobile application (coming soon).
Information that you give us
We receive, store and process information that you make available to us when accessing or using our Platform and Services.
Examples include when you:
1. fill in any form on the platform, such as when you register or update the details of your user account.
2. access or use the platform, such as to search for or post experiences, make or accept bookings, pay for experiences, book or pay for any associated services that may be available, post comments or reviews, or communication between learner and teacher.
4. Communicate with Followly.
We may also receive, store and process Log Data, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Platform, regardless of whether you are registered with Followly or logged in to your Followly account, such as your IP Address, the date and time you access or use the Platform, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
Third-party social plugins
HOW FOLLOWLY USES AND PROCESSES THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE OR MAKE AVAILABLE
We use, store and process Information about you for the following general purposes:
1. to enable you to access and use the platform;
2. to operate, protect, improve and optimize the platform, Followly’s business, and our users' experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalize or otherwise customize your experience, and for advertising and marketing;
3. to help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the platform and services, such as fraud detection and prevention, conducting investigations and risk assessments, verifying the address of your listings, verifying any identifications provided by you, and conducting checks against databases such as public government databases;
4. to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
5. where we have your consent, to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about Followly or general promotions for partner campaigns and services. You can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving these communications.
6. to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Followly or our business partners; and
7. to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
HOW FOLLOWLY USES AND PROCESSES USER COMMUNICATIONS
We may, either directly or through third party companies and individuals we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, or analyze your communications with other users exchanged via the Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, the Platform may scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. This helps to prevent fraudulent actors from asking learners to send them money outside of the platform, such as by bank transfer or other money transfer methods. We may also scan, review or analyze messages for research and product development purposes to help make search, booking and user communications more efficient and effective, as well as to debug, improve and expand product offerings. We will not review, scan, or analyze your communications for sending third party marketing messages to you. We will also not sell these reviews or analyses of communications to third parties. We will also use automated methods to carry out these reviews or analyses where reasonably possible. However, from time to time we may have to manually review some communications. By using the Platform, you consent that Followly, in its sole discretion, may, either directly or through third party companies and individuals we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, analyze, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
SECURING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, destruction, or alteration. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure.
YOUR PRIVACY WHEN YOU ACCESS THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND RESOURCES
SPECIAL FEATURES AND PROGRAMS
Followly platform provides a referral service that allows you to invite your friends and contacts to use the Platform.
We may integrate the Platform with third party sites such as Facebook, so that you can send invitation messages or share the workshop via the third party site itself. These messages will be sent by the third party site, and Followly does not collect or retain the contact information that is used to send them.
You may also send invitation/request emails via the platform itself should you want to involve and additional guest with you, in which case we will ask you for the contact information to which to send your invitation/request. You can type in the email addresses or other contact information manually, or you can choose to import the contacts in your address book(s). In both cases, we may use and store this information for the sole purposes of allowing you to send your friends and contacts an invitation or request for a reference, and for fraud detection and prevention. With respect to referrals, we will also store the email addresses of your invitees to track if your friend joins Followly in response to your referral.
The platform may also use other technologies with similar functionality to cookies, such as web beacons and tracking URLs to obtain Log Data about users. We may also use web beacons and tracking URLs in our messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.
Uses for Followly cookies
1. to enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning of the Platform across different webpages and browser sessions.
2. to simplify your access to and use of the Platform and make it more seamless.
3. to monitor and analyze the performance, operation and effectiveness of the Platform, so that we can improve and optimize it.
4. to show you content (which may include advertisements) that is more relevant to you.
Our Rules and Policy for Sellers.
Followly launched an online shop “The Owl-tlet” to showcase and sell exceptionally handmade items by professional artists.
If you list any items for sale through our services, these policies apply to you.
Policy for Buyers.
If you use our Services to browse or shop, these policies apply to you.
All of these policies are a part of our Terms, so be sure to read the ones that are relevant for you. Of course, you’ll still want to read the rest of this document because it applies to everyone!
Items You Purchase. You understand that Followly does not manufacture, store or inspect any of the items sold through our services. We provide the platform; the items in our marketplace are produced and sold directly by independent sellers, so Followly cannot and does not make any warranties about their quality, safety or even their legality. Any legal claim related to an item you purchase must be brought directly against the seller of the item. You release Followly from any claims related to items sold through our services, including for defective items, misrepresentations by sellers or items that caused physical injury (like product liability claims).
What Can be Sold on Followly
Followly is a unique marketplace. Buyers come to Followly to purchase items that they might not find anywhere else. Everything listed for sale on Followly must be handmade, homemade, or a unique craft supply or good quality.
Handmade and homemade items are items that are made or designed by you, the seller.
You must be able to demonstrate that your items comply with the following:
- All handmade and homemade items are made or designed by you.
- You are using your own photographs or sometimes help from Followly-- not stock photos, artistic renderings, or photos used by other sellers or sites.
Commercially made materials that are ready to use as finished goods may not be sold as craft supplies on Followly.
What Can't be Sold on Followly
Even if they otherwise meet our handmade, homemade, or craft supply criteria, prohibited items, services, and items that violate our intellectual property policies are not allowed to be sold on Followly.
Reselling is not allowed on Followly. Reselling refers to selling an item when you were not involved in the creation process. In short, you may not resell items that you were not involved in designing or making.
Followly may remove any listings that violate our policies. Followly may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations.
Representing Yourself and Your Listings Honestly
SERVICE CONTENT, SOFTWARE AND TRADEMARKS
One of Followly’s core values is transparency. Transparency means that you honestly and accurately represent yourself, your items, and your business.
By selling on Followly, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information in your biography, should you choose to complete.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos. 4. Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can email us at email@example.com
- Not engage in fee avoidance.
- Not create duplicate accounts.
Communicating through Followly website
You can use Followly messaging (“messages”) to communicate directly with your buyers. Conversations by messages are a great way for buyers to ask you questions about an item or an order.
Any use of Followly messages to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, messages may not be used to support or glorify hatred toward, or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation. If you receive a message that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
You may receive a buyer’s email address or other information as a result of entering into a transaction with that buyer. This information may only be used for Followly-related communications or for Followly-facilitated transactions. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorized transactions. Without the buyer’s explicit consent, you may not add any Followly member to your email or physical mailing list or store or misuse any payment information.
Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of Followly, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like usernames, listings, messages, text, photos, and videos with permission from Followly as part of quality-checks.
In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, or harassing; 2. Obscene or vulgar; 3. In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or 4. False, deceptive, or misleading.
Building a Positive Reputation Through our Reviews System
Reviews are a great way for you to build a reputation on Followly. Users can leave a review, including a one to five star rating and comments.
Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
1. Contain private information; 2. Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery; 3. Contain medical drug claims; 4. Contain advertising or spam; 5. Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, Followly or a third party; or 6. Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
Shilling is strictly prohibited on Followly. Shilling is the fraudulent inflation of a merchant’s reputation by use of an alternate account. The intent of shilling is to make a merchant look more desirable by increasing the merchant’s number of sales and overall review score. Not only does it violate our core value of transparency, but it is considered to be a deceptive business practice by the US Federal Trade Commission. Reviews must reflect the honest, unbiased opinions, findings, beliefs, or experience of the user.
Shipping and delivering your Items for potential international buyers
In cases of international and local shipping, sellers are responsible for shipping and delivering their sold items to buyers. Please keep in mind that you are ultimately responsible for making sure that your buyers receive the item(s) they purchased from you.
As of now, sellers are responsible for delivering items to their buyers. Only Followly-branded items will be delivered by Followly themselves.
By selling on Followly, you agree to:
- Provide an accurate "ships/delivers from" address
- Specify your shipping costs and processing times in your listings.
- Ship items promptly after they are sold. Prompt shipping means that you ship each item within 30 days of purchase, unless you specify otherwise in your processing time or agree to a different shipping period with the buyer through messages or in your item listings.
- Shipping to the wrong address is likely to result in a non-delivery case, so make sure to ship to the address listed on the Followly receipt or sent to you by the buyer through a Followly message.
- Mark the order as shipped when you ship it. Remember that you may only mark an order as shipped after you actually have shipped it. When you mark an order as shipped, the buyer will receive a Followly Shipping/Delivery Notification.
- By entering tracking information on Followly, you're giving us permission to collect and share the tracking information received from your chosen shipping carrier with the buyer.
- In the unlikely event an order does not arrive, be prepared to provide valid proof of shipping. Valid proof of shipping must show that the item actually was shipped and that it was sent to the address provided by the buyer If a buyer does not receive their order, they may file a case against you.
Each host selling their items will have a dedicated orders dashboard for the items they sell.
Followly is a marketplace where you can purchase unique goods directly from sellers around Kuwait and the region (coming soon). If you are looking for handmade goods we want you to have a positive experience shopping on Followly. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a buyer.
- Understanding Followly’s limitations as a platform
- Purchasing an Item on Followly.
- Reporting a problem with an order or returning an Item.
Understanding Followly’s limitations as a platform.
Followly provides a venue for buyers to find, learn about, and enter into transactions with sellers around the Kuwait and the region. It is important to note, however, that Followly is not a part of that transaction.
By shopping on Followly, you understand that:
- You are not buying directly from Followly, but from one of the many unique sellers on Followly.
- Each seller on Followly has their own processing times and shipping/delivery methods.
Purchasing an Item on Followly
When you buy from a seller on Followly, you’re directly supporting an independent business, each with its unique listings, processing times, and shipping/delivery preferences. By making a purchase from a seller on Followly, you agree that you:
- Have read the item description and Followly’s seller policies before making a purchase;
- Have submitted appropriate payment for item(s) purchased; and
- Have provided accurate shipping/delivery information to the seller.
Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item
A Non-Delivery occurs when a buyer places an order and submits payment, but the seller does not ship the item or does not ship the item to the correct address. The following are examples of Non-Delivery cases:
An item was never sent.
An item was sent to an address that is not on the Followly receipt.
There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer’s address.
WHEN FOLLOWLY DISCLOSES OR SHARES PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND TO WHOM
Your Personal Information may be disclosed as follows:
Not as Described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- A deadline was agreed upon by the buyer and seller.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
The following are not eligible for dispute on Followly:
- Items that have been purchased in person
- Intangible items, services, or prohibited items
- Transactions where payment is not made through Followly’s platform
- Items that are returned without a return agreement
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, or washed after receiving them
- Physical or tangible items that are not available for return because they have been destroyed or discarded by the buyer
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to delivery delays
- Cancelled transactions that have already resulted in a refund
Requesting a Cancellation
Buyers may request that Followly cancel an order.
Returning an Item
Followly has a general, marketplace-wide no return policy unless Followly’s policy has been violated by the seller. However, the seller may agree to accept a return at their own discretion.
Have any questions about all of the above terms? Email us as firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries and concerns.